NCEdCloud IAM Service has offered a new login feature for PK-5 Students that lets them login to their NCEdCloud accounts through new methods. Students from School districts and Charter schools can login to their NCEdCloud accounts via two different methods. That are:
- Badges (QR CODE) : This new method has completely eliminated the need for typing in the username and password while logging in.
- Pictographs Authentication : This method eliminates the need of typing in the password (Students will still need to under their username / School UID).
Only PSU Technology Directors and Administrators that have the NCEdCloud Privilege Roles of LEA Data Auditor and LEA Administrator Role enabled can request these two new login methods for students by filling in the NCEdCloud Badges and Logins for PK-5 Students Request Form.
We will now tell you the steps through which you can login to your NCEdCloud account using both the methods given above.
NCEdCloud Login via Badges (QR Code)
The Badges QR Code contains the Username / Student ID and Password of the student. Remember that if you want to enable the Badges login feature, students login devices must have cameras.
- Visit the official NCEdCloud website.
- Now click on the “Scan Qr Code” option.
- Now scan the Badges (QR Code) given to you by your Charter School.
- Once the QR Code is successfully scanned, you will be logged into your account.
If the QR Code is showing any error while scanning, click on the “Start Over” option and try again.
NCEdCloud Sign in via Pictographs Authentication
If you want to enable the Pictographs option on your NCEdCloud Sign in, you will first have to select 3 pictures to set up Pictographs Authentication. Once you have selected the verification pictures, you can use those 3 pictures next time you login to your NCEdCloud account to login to your account rather than typing in your password.
- Visit NCEdCloud login portal on your web browser.
- Type in your username and click on “Go.”
- Now click on “Pictograph Authentication”.
- Choose the 3 Pictograph Authentication pictures or icons you selected while setting up.
- Once you select the correct pictures, click on ‘Go.“
- If the chosen pictures are correct, you will be logged into your account.
Note: It is important to always remember the Pictographs images you are choosing because you will need to select them for all future logins.
Q. Why do my students are facing problems while scanning their QR Codes?
A. Student Badges or QR Codes must be scanned in proper light in order for them to work properly. This means that the Student badges must be scanned in a proper bright areas for the camera to pick it up correctly.
Also, make sure that you have printed the Student Badges (QR Code) on a Clear White Paper as this will give it the best contrast and clarity. New RapidIdentity Portal updates have improved the scanning quality itself.
Q. Why am I seeing an “QR Code Authentication Failed” error while scanning by badges code?
A. If you are seeing the “QR Code Authentication” failed error message, this means that the username and password contained in the QR Code does not match the CURRENT password of your account. This means that you or someone else have changed the password of your account after the Badge was printed.
To solve this issue, you will need to print a new and updated badge. You can do that by logging into your NCEdCloud account > Clicking on Profiles > My Students (QR Code) – LEA ### > Check the box next to the student’s name. After that, click on the “QR Code” button to view your badge > Click on Print.
Q. I can login via NCEdCloud Badges through my iPad 2. What should I do?
A. It is important to remember that all iPad 2 devices CANNOT have the required iOS version that lets the device scan the QR Badge on the NCEdCloud Login portal. Logging into the NCEdCloud Portal via the Student Badge requires your Apple Device’s camera to scan QR Code and iPAD 2s cannot do that.
iOS Devices (iPhones, IPads, MACs) running on versions 11 .x are required to use the Student Badges. In this case, iPad 2s cannot scan the QR Codes at all because the latest version for the iPad 2s was 9.3.5 (which is less than the minimum requirement).
Q. How can a Primary Student (with Student Badges enabled) login to NCEdCloud via username and Password?
A. If you are a student who have the Student Badge enabled but want to login to your NCEdCloud account via entering your username and password because you currently don’t have the badge with you, follow the steps below:
- Visit the NCEdCloud website login portal.
- Enter your username of your account and click on “Go.”
- Type in your password and click on “Go” to login to your account.
- If you have accidently clicked on “Scan QR Code” instead of typing in your username, click on “Start Over” and click on OK.
- This will take you back to the username screen and you can follow the steps above to login to your NCEdCloud easily.