As a teacher, you should know how to work with student accounts and helping them logging into their NCEdCloud accounts is very important if you want to create a friendly learning environment. This article will explain how you as a Teacher can view and issue the login credentials (usernames and passwords) of your students and also how you can change their passwords using this platform.
If a student tries logging into Ncedcloud for the first time (eg. new students, new class, or students who have used badges Badges in previous years), PSUs believe it would be more suitable for teachers to personally give their students their respective usernames and passwords.
Viewing and Managing Students Details
Now let’s learn how you can view and manage your student’s details. This will enable you to view all the students enrolled in your class, create their username and passwords and issue them their credentials. Look below to learn how:
Viewing and Issuing Account Information to Students
- Accessing the Function:
- Click on the Applications dropdown menu.
- Navigate to People and select My Student from the options provided.
- This option can be found on the left side of the screen.
- Viewing Enrolled Students:
- After selecting My Student, a list of students will be displayed.
- These are the students who are enrolled in classes where you have been designated as the Primary Teacher.
- Making Changes to Student Accounts:
- To modify an individual student’s account or multiple accounts, you need to select the respective record.
- This can be done by clicking the checkbox located on the left side of each record.
- Alternatively, you can click the checkbox at the top of the list, next to Default Password, to select all students at once.
- Extra Options:
- Once you have selected the desired student(s), several options will be visible.
- These options include Change Password and Export (for printing a list of your students).
- Additionally, you can click on the Details button situated on the far right to access more information about a specific student.
Changing Students Passwords
- Visit https://my.ncedcloud.org and login to your account.
- Now go to Application > Open Dropdown menu > People > My Students > Change Password.
- Once your password reset box appears, there you can enter the student’s new password.
- Confirm your new password by retyping it in the box below.
- Alternatively, if you want to enforce a password change that only the student knows, Check the box labeled “User must change password at next login”.
- This will require your student to enter a new password the next time they log in.
- Once all that is done, click on “Save” labelled in Red to save your changes and change the student’s password.
A video guide for Teachers
If you are a teacher and you have to provide your students with their account credentials, you can watch a video that has been created to guide teachers on how you can do that. To watch the video, look below:
Tip: The teacher’s guide video may display varying tab names and available actions depending on your specific role and privileges, this means some options and available sections might be different from yours.
Primary vs. Secondary Student Accounts in NCEdCloud
Primary and secondary student account setups in NCEdCloud differ in terms of their roles and privileges within the system. Here are the key differences:
Primary Student Account:
- Primary students are typically the main account holders with individual usernames and passwords assigned to them.
- They have greater autonomy and control over their account settings and personal information.
- Primary student accounts often have access to a wider range of features and functionalities.
- These accounts may allow primary students to directly interact with various applications, view grades, communicate with teachers, and manage their educational resources.
Secondary Student Account:
- Secondary student accounts are usually linked to primary student accounts.
- They are typically created and managed by the primary students or their designated teachers.
- Secondary students may have limited control over their account settings and functionalities, as these are primarily managed by the primary student or teacher.
- These accounts often provide restricted access to certain features, focusing on collaboration and communication tools rather than full administrative privileges.
Note: It’s important to note that the specific setup and features available to primary and secondary student accounts may differ based on the educational institution’s configuration and policies within the NCEdCloud system.