The LEA Administrator role in NCEdCloud grants users the authority to approve requests from their staff and other faculty members from their PSU including with the ability to do other managerial functions.
If you want to learn how you can start using NCEdCloud as a LEA Administrator, you can follow this guide as it will teach you all you have to know about how to enable this role and use it as well.
Note: This page has information related to only those users who have the LEA Administrator role enabled. You will also find an FAQ section below that will answer any questions about the role and how to use it.
How to Request LEA Administrator Role?
- Visit my.ncedcloud official website.
- Enter your NCEdcloud Login credentials.
- Open the drop-down menu beside the “Applications” option.
- From the drop-down menu, click on “Requests.”
- Now from the menu that shows up, click on “Entitlement” and then click on “Catalogue”.at the bottom of the screen.
- From the list of Privileged Roles shown on the screen, check the box beside the “LEA Administrator” option.
- Scroll down and click on “Request.”
Important: Once you request the role, you will be required to enter your 3-digit LEA Code or your Charter School Code (for roles in PSUs). Also, you will be required to enter your 6-digit campus code (for School level roles).
Disable NCEdCloud Users Accounts as an LEA Administrator
LEA Administrator can disable an account on NCEdCloud under the People’s view options. However, keep in mind that this is only made for “Emergency Disabled”. Follow the steps below to learn the steps:
- Open your Ncedcloud account and go to the “People” section.
- Search for the employee by their name or UID number from the Advanced Search box.
- Once you find their record, check the box by their UID.
- Click on the “Disable” button from the list of options from the bottom of the screen
The account will be force-disabled and that particular user won’t be able to login to their NCEdCloud account.
Q. What to do if you see an error message while logging into your NCEdCloud account?
A. If you face an error message that says “The request is invalid”, this means that either you have pressed the “back button” or you have bookmarked that login page. This issue can be resolved if you type in the official login URL which is https://my.ncedcloud.org/.
Q. Can any user request the LEA Administrator role?
A. Yes, any user can request the LEA Administrator role. However, the first request for that role will be examined by the NC DPI before it is approved. Once this role for your account is approved, you will have managerial roles and extra opt-in features for your account.
Q. Single Sign-on (SSO) not working, what can I do?
A. If you have opened any browser in incognito mode, it will prevent you from using the SSO feature because any logins are not saved in incognito mode. It is highly recommended to NOT use incognito mode while logging into NCEdCloud.