Ncedcloud, also known as North Carolina Education Cloud, is an IAM Service which is a cloud-based platform that offers educational resources and helps make online education experience much easier for teachers, students and parents. The platform offers tons of different useful features, for example, a student can submit assignments directly through the portal, a teacher can check-up on the students history and a parent can keep track of their child’s education.
We are going to explain how you can login to your NCEdCloud account, the features it offers, the advantages and disadvantages of the platform and we are also going to answer some questions users ask about this platform.
Keep in mind that some advanced features of my.ncedcloud may require roles that gives you access to some important privileges. Visit our Privileged Roles page to request access and learn more.
How to Login to Ncedcloud IAM Service?
NcedCloud login can be done in two different ways. The first way is using your username and password, another way is by Scanning the Student QR Code. Below are the steps, mentioned separately for how you can login to NcedCloud account through your account credentials and Student QR Code.
Important: Before beginning to access the portal and logging in. You must have to Claim your account. Visit our Account Claiming and Verification guide and if you are facing issue trying to claim your account, here’s how to Troubleshoot Account Claim Issues.
Ncedcloud Login Steps
To access the platform as a student:
- Open a web browser.
- Go to the my.ncedcloud.org.
- Choose “NCEdCloud” from the drop-down menu.
- Enter your student username.
- Click on “Go.”
- Access your account’s student dashboard.
There is another “QR Code Scan” feature you can use. Once you claim an account as a student, you won’t have to enter your username and password everytime you login. You will recieve a QR Code that you can scan on the Ncedcloud sign in portal and directly login to your account.
To Sign in via Student QR Code
- Visit www.idp.ncedcloud.org on your browser.
- Click on “Scan Student QR Code”
- Now your device’s default camera will open up, you can use that to scan the Student QR Code.
- As soon as the camera picks up the QR code, you will be redirected to your account’s dashboard.
How to recover a forgotten password?
You can use the password recovery process of the IAMs service to reset or recover your lost or forgotten password. Here’s how:
- Visit https://idp.ncedcloud.org/
- Now click on the “Forgot my password” option below the login page.
- Now type in the username of your account.
- Click on “I’m not a robot” box and pass the Captcha (see image below).
- You will then be required to answer some challenge questions for identity verification.
- Once you answer all the questions correctly, you will then be able to change your password.
In case if the steps above do not work for you or you face any issues while resetting your password, contact your school’s support team and they will help you reset your password.
Note: Once you change your password, you can use that password for 90 days till it expires
Forgotten NCEdCloud Username? Here’s what to do
If you have lost or forgotten the username of your NCEdCloud account, you can follow the steps below to recover your username and login to your account easily:
- Visit https://idp.ncedcloud.org/ login page.
- Click on “Forgot my username” option below the login box.
- Enter your username of your account.
- Check the “I’m not a robot” box for Captcha verification.
- Click on “Next.”
- You will then receive an email on the email address you provided, follow the instructions to recover your username of your account.
How to change a password if it’s already expired?
If you are seeing an error saying “Your password is expired and must be updated before continuing” this means that the password for your account has expired and needs to be changed. To change your expired password, follow the steps below:
- Click on the “Click Here to change your password” link available below the error message.
- At the Employee Profile Screen, click on the “Change Password” button.
- Read the Employee password policy requirements before changing your password.
- Type in your current password.
- Enter a new password. (The new password should have one uppercase, one lowercase alphabet and one numeric digit).
- Retype your password for confirmation.
- If your password won’t meet the policy requirements, you will see an error message saying “Password Does Not Meet Requirements.”
- In that case, recheck your password and type it again in respect to Password policies.
- Once that’s done, the error message will turn Green and will Say “Password Meets Requirements”
- Click on “Change Password” to finish.
Important: It is also pretty important to remember that the new password should not contain your username, your first and last name, spaces and that your password cannot end with an exclamation point ( ! ).
Error: If you receive an error popup saying “Could not authenticate using provided credentials”, this means that you have mistyped or entered an incorrect Current Password. Retype your current password and try again.
Complete access to all educational resources: The platform provides students and teachers access to all eduactional resources they need directly from their portal which saves a lot of time.
Secure Login: The login procedure is 100% safe ans secure from threats as their servers and encrypted and monitored 24/7.
Student Progress Tracking: Teachers, parents and student’s themselves can easily track their performance, check their grades and mark their attendence easily.
Assignments submission and management: Students can easily submit their assignments and teachers can easily view them and grade them accordingly.
Communication Tools: Allows you teachers and students to easily connect with each other which maximises productivity and keeps a friendly atmoshere among the classroom.
Resource Sharing: All educational resources will be available to all students at a single place.
Customizable Dashboards: You can edit the look of your dashboard to make it suit your needs and provide you with a better user-experience.
Parental Access: Parents will have complete access to their child’s academic progress so they are always informormed how well their childs are doing in their studies.
Administrative Tools: Also provides, users with previleged roles some useful administrative tools they can use that gives them the ability to edit, change or give releavant permissions to other users.
Pros and Cons of using NCEdCloud
Like any other educational platform, this platform has some of its advantages and disadvantages. Below we will discuss all the major pros and cons so you can have a better understanding of its benefits and drawbacks.
- Overall access all at one place: my.ncedcloud is a website the gives you access to all the educational resources you will need, all at one place.
- Better communication among teachers, students and parents: The site increases communication and resource sharing among students, teachers, and parents which saves a lot of time and make education more fun.
- Real-time progress tracking: Parents can view their child’s eduation history whenever they want and students can view their educational notes and assignment requirements real-time.
- Customization options: Only teachers and users with Previleged roles can change settings of their students to match their needs and requirements.
- Difficult to use interface: New users will find the overall interface of the platform a little difficult to use and will take time to get used to it.
- Technical issues: Sometimes connectivity or system glitches can interrupt access to the site which can stop your from logging into your account.
1. Is this service only available in North Carolina?
A. This platform was made for the Educational institutions in North Carolina only in the beggening, but after its deman, it quickly gained the attention of all the other institutions in the United States.
2. Why is NCEdCloud not working?
A. If you can’t login to Ncedcloud, try the following things:
- Try clearing your browser’s cache and cookies and check if your browser is updated to the latest version.
- Recheck if you’re typing in the correct username and password.
- Also check if the password you’re typing in is expired (contact your school’s support for help in this case).
- Sometimes the issue can be from my.ncedcloud server. The only thing you can do then is try again in a few minutes.
3. Does the service require a high-speed internet connection?
A. North Carolina Education Cloud can work on both high-speed and medium-speed connections, which makes sure that users can access all their resources related to eduation even when they are somewhere with limited internet. However, it is always recommended that you use a good internet connection for maximum performance.
4. Is the service compatible with different devices?
A. Yes, my.ncedcloud is compatible with a wide range of devices, including computers, laptops, tablets, and smartphones. It is accessible through web browsers and mobile applications.
5. Can parents access my.ncedcloud to monitor their child’s progress?
A. Yes, parents can easily access NCEdCloud and easily view their chil’ds progress in their relvant institutions directly from the platform. However, the amount of information they have access to may be limited depending on the permissions and authority provided to them by the instituition.